Thursday, November 6, 2008

Doggie Rainsuit 11-05-08

Corky in his makeshift raincoat - February 2005
When I took Corky out yesterday morning at 6am it was raining, which doesn't bother him a bit. But it started me thinking again about a doggie rain suit - or maybe a poodle rain suit would be more accurate. In February 2005 we had quite a bit of rain, so every day Corky would get wet on his walk and whenever he went out for business, then he needed to be dried and brushed out. I don't mind doing it, but Corky gets a little tired of it. So, I thought maybe I could make him a rain cover with a plastic bag - it worked pretty well, but the big problem are those fluffy trousers he wears. I tried four small Baggies with a hole cut in one corner of each for his feet to go through and they worked fairly well also. But it is time consuming to prepare the Baggies and then get him dressed in them. I've tried several designs since, but they are all time consuming and not very effective. Now I am inspired to work at that design again and see if I can keep his legs dry. He went back to his Long Beach house yesterday - soooo happy to see his mom and dad, he was really dancing. I miss him.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Corky said...

Del, forgive me but I laughed at this photo of Corky. I hope you come up with the perfect design!

Patty ♣ said...

Corky looks like he is about to say, "...umm, just what were you thinking?" He has so much expression in his pictures...
What a darling!