Sunday, November 2, 2008

Quilts from TCQC 11-02-08



"Fox Trot" 2002 Patricia Klem - Rancho Santa Fe, CA 20"Wx21"L Machine Pieced and Machine Quilted.
I saw this quilt at La Jolla Fiber Arts as part of Patricia's 2004 exhibit called "Contemplation of Color". After I drove home I kept thinking about it and after a few days called the gallery and asked to buy it. It is one of the few quilts I have purchased from a gallery. Not because I have something against galleries, but because my life doesn't take me to them very often. I just couldn't resist this colorful and rhythmic work. It cheers me up and makes me smile. Notice the wonderful way Patricia has incorporated her signature in the quilting line.


3 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

I can't see the quilt. All I see is a box with a small red X.

Christine Thresh said...

Oh, yes. I can see it now.
Neat quilt. I'll study it later.

Rayna said...

I, too, love the whimsical mood of this piece. What fun! Enjoy my trees.