Monday, November 10, 2008

A Lovely Sunday 11-10-08

It was a great drive to Oceanside yesterday morning for a day of events in connection with the opening of the new Visions -2008 exhibit at the Oceanside Museum of Art. There were many clouds against the bright blue sky and the ocean was all shades of blue-green. It wasn't really a 'pacific' ocean as there was a wind making little whitecaps all over the place.

These pictures were taken from I-5 and show two of the glimpses I had of the ocean. Sometimes there is a steep cliff to the beach and only the distant view is possible.

In other places the highway, though separated from the ocean by dunes and beach, gives views of the waves as they start to run up on the sand. Of course, if one stops at the official "View Point" or even at the southbound "Rest Stop" there are better ocean views. But, you know me, I don't stop!

During our lunch break I sat outside and listened to the wind in the palms and watched the whipped cream clouds roll and pile and disperse. These pictures look over some buildings toward the west, so these clouds are out over the ocean.

This picture is due west so the sun is just above the center giving a sort of glow to the sky.
There were (I think) 28 of the Visions artists at the opening on Saturday evening, but several had to leave Sunday morning due to teaching commitments to Art Quilt Tahoe. On Sunday at the Artists' Breakfast the artists went around to sign every one's catalog - sort of a tradition now. It provides a quick mingling of everyone in attendance and puts a face to the quilt in the catalog. Tomorrow I'll finish up the pictures I took and will post a few in tomorrow's blog. No quilts though - just artists and Visions volunteers.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

dee said...

Hi Del, I'm so glad you're back from Blogger purgatory.
Thanks for the links. That fish quilt is a fascinating piece.

Rayna said...

So glad you're back! I contemplated switching to Wordpress or the other one when I was blacklisted but it seemed like too much trouble, and then I was cleared of my "crime."

I lusted after Linda Colsh's piece, too - but I am happy you will have it in your collection.

meggie said...

Gald your blog seems to be sorted out. I like your cloud pics. I have some dramatic ones on my recent post too. I get such a lot of mileage out of the sky!