Saturday, November 15, 2008

California burning, again 11-15-08

The Yorba Linda fire and the Brea fire are quite close - two or three miles. But there is a lot of developed area between the fires and my house. I'm not terribly worried, just concerned. I have Corky tonight and there is so much smoke I am starting to have a sore throat. So, we are going to go spend the night in Long Beach at his house It has been smokey there also, but not this bad and his house has all new double pane sealed windows which don't allow as much smoke in as my 40 year old windows.
I will take my computer and I may be able to post something more tonight or in the morning. Think good thoughts for all the people who are homeless in the fire areas tonight.

4 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

I am glad that you are off to stay in LB tonight!

Del said...

My neighbor reports that all is well in Placentia. The fires seem to be burning up into the foothills - as long as the Santa Ana winds are light. Just a breeze here in Long Beach this morning, but also plenty of ash all over everything.

Christine Thresh said...

Two or three miles! That is very close.
I'll be thinking about you.
Be safe, please.

dee said...

Prayers for your safety Del. I hope all remains well for you and your little furry friend.