Wednesday, December 31, 2008

More Fish in a Bottle 12-30-08

This pretty young woman is our favorite waitress at Fish in a Bottle, our favorite restaurant. Her name is Kwan (although I am not sure of the spelling) and we are always delighted to be seated at one of her tables. Recently she has been working some evenings at the new Fish in a Bottle in Cypress, CA, and we don't see her as often as we would like.

I took a picture of her in July, but she had closed her eyes, so I had her pose again in early August. Cute.

She was not working tonight when Carol and Dick Bednar and I had our last FiaB meal of 2008. As usual, it was delicious. But we did try something we had not tried before and, though it was tasty, we won't put it on our list of favorites. In the center is a plate of "lobster and avocado spring rolls". They were just okay and besides they are fried (just like all spring rolls) and the three of us generally avoid fried food. On the left is a plate of "Golden Dragon" roll and on the right a plate of "Tiger" roll. I keep thinking I should ask if I might have a list of their sushi rolls so that I can tell you what is inside. I'll make that a resolution for the New Year!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

dee said...

Well, clearly great minds think alike. I stopped at the sushi place for my lunch yesterday and had spicy brown rice and shrimp rolls, futomaki, and vegetable rolls. It's a treat to myself for lunch occasionally since no one in my family is a fan. Needless to say I didn't need dinner....burp.
Happy New Year Dell. Thanks for all the great info, travelogs and wonderful quilts to see.

meggie said...

I do like sushi! I also love fish & most seafood. It is rather a pity that New Zealand has the best & only Green lipped mussells in the world... & I don't like them!
Our Bluff oysters are to die for though!
I love seeing the way food is presented in the places where you dine out. That girl is very pretty!