Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tri-Cities Park 12-29-08

If I had considered how dull my life is I might not have started this blog. Many of the high points have to do with being a Poodle Nanny to Corky the Poodle Prince. He was with me this weekend and I returned him to his parents today.

On Saturday we discovered the 'back way' into Tri-Cities Park where we like to walk. I was trying to find good locations to take pictures of the mountains with their snow coats and drove down a street I have never been on before. And there at the dead end is a entrance to the park. So, we parked and started out for our walk. We can always see the mountains in the distance, but they are much easier to see when they are white against the blue sky.

Lots of ducks, geese, seagulls - all the usual suspects. I tried for a picture of the cormorants roosting in the top of a eucalyptus tree, but they were too far up for my camera. However the resident egret was there - he always seems to be looking at his reflection!

At the end of the day, here is the Prince curled up in one of his beds. I have never seen him actually arrange the pillow, but he must know just how he wants it and moves it around at night. I sure do love this little guy.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

Del, after all your posts about Corky I can say...I too love the little guy! Your life is not dull to the rest of us...

Christine Thresh said...

You have the art of seeing ordinary things and bringing them to life on your blog. Your readers don't find your life dull at all. You teach us how to appreciate things we might miss in our lives.
Thank you.

meggie said...

I agree with the others. Your life is not dull at all. I love reading your posts. I especially love seeing & reading about all your quilts, travels & of course the Poodle Prince! He is such a gorgeous little chap. I know he loves you back just as much as you love him. He is a very lucky little prince!