Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A renewal of hope 01-20-09

I rarely watch TV in the daytime, but today I was glued to the set all day. What an exciting day it was for those who have faith in our new president and believe in the resilience of our democratic form of government. The expression of hope shown by the 1.9 million people in Washington, DC, today is something I haven't seen since John F, Kennedy's swearing in so long ago. The much quoted part of his speech, "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country." echoed in the words of President Obama's speech. WOW! I am sad that some people I know are pessimistic for the future. I hope the coming four years will change their minds.

What an amazing sight. I almost wish I had been there, however a crowd like this would do me in, I'm sure.

They are so poised, so calm in their belief.

Add Image

I don't see how she didn't just freeze solid - 22F.

Sorry if I am a bore tonight. I am still feeling the thrill.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

imquilternity said...

I have been waiting for this moment for so long. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

Rayna said...

My stepson, who is Washington Bureau Chief for the Dallas Morning News, sat 15 feet away from Obama during he ceremonies. What a thrill!!

meggie said...

I felt just as much thrill, here Downunder! A beautiful couple, & our good wishes go with them.