Thursday, March 26, 2009

Corky riding 03-25-09

I had never been around dogs that ride in cars until I met Corky. At six months he was riding like a pro and I have never seen him the slightest bit disturbed. He likes to go fast and will complain when I slow down to exit the freeway/highway. Sometimes when we are in his neighborhood or mine I roll down the windows and only go about 20 MPH - I guess most dogs love to have the wind blowing in their face. Weird, eh?


People are amused when they look over and see him sitting up in the seat looking through the windshield - a real navigator look. But I worry about the sun in his eyes, maybe I should get him sun goggles.

Sometimes he sits looking at me as though he is going to make a comment. Here the wind has fluffed up his ears.

And today he was just tired, so he propped his chin on the edge of his bed and went to sleep. He is home with the Poodle Parents tonight and, as usual, I miss him.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

Corky is so cute and very satisfied to be along with you!
Thanks for the smile!

meggie said...

No wonder you miss him, Del. He is just lovely.
Leo sleeps like that when he can get a position to put his nose up.

June said...

A beloved grayhound here in Beatty has goggles. His owner swears by them -- big bugs in dogs eyes, he says, can be real trouble. I saw him just this morning. I wouldn't have recognized the guy, but I certainly recognized the dog.