Monday, March 23, 2009

Yellow roses 03-23-09

Should we share sadness in our blogs? I try not to, nor to talk about our ailments (sometimes referred to as an "Organ Recital") and aches and pains. However, yesterday was a special day in my life - my late husband and I would have been married 35 years. We were both 35 when we married and talked sometimes about having our fiftieth anniversary - and laughed at the fantasy of it! When we were first married he would occasionally give me yellow roses (my favorite), but as the years went by that went by the wayside. However, I always think of those early, happy years when I see yellow roses. Such lovely memories.

All these pictures are from the same rose bush which grows in a neighbor's yard about six houses south. I think it is one of the most luscious yellows that I have seen.

I don't know the name of it, though I keep looking through rose catalogs, websites and magazines. The people who live in that house now moved in long after this rose was planted, besides they are obviously not gardeners. If anyone knows the name I hope you let me know.

No sympathy messages are necessary, he has now been gone longer than we were married. Just send good thoughts! Del

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Terry Grant said...

Yellow roses remind me of my mother, who loved them most of any flower. Remembering isn't sharing sadness, just part of who you are and that is what I love about reading your blog.

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

I had to chuckle at part of today's post. Jim and I got married in our 30's as well, and we also laughingly talk about our 50th anniversary -- usually after he has done something ornery and is telling me how many more years he will be around. Fun memories!

imquilternity said...

That rose is absolutely gorgeous! I love roses since they remind me of my mother who had 40 bushes at one time.

dee said...

You really touched my heart with this one. Roger has been giving me the most beautiful salmon colored roses for our anniversary for years. Not easy to find in Feb in NY.
It's wonderful to have these lovely memories.
We were married when I was 35 as well.

meggie said...

Yellow roses are my favourite coloured roses. We had a beautiful one called Sutter's Gold, but I dont think the yellow was as rich as these flowers. A lovely memory to keep.