Friday, March 27, 2009

Postcards 03-26-09

I haven't made any fiberart postcards for several years. But I have just joined a postcard exchange group so I was looking back - these three are from 2005. I haven't found my box of postcard making supplies and ideas and I have no memory of where Liz and I might have placed it. But it will turn up. This new group does themes, so I doubt if any of my previous ideas will fit. Who knows what I will need to come up with.

Redbird flying August 2005


Autumn Fern September 2005
Dappled Fern September 2005
The ferns developed together. For the top one I cut the fern fronds from the blue-violet fabric w/fusible already on and backed that with the yellow.
For the bottom one I arranged the blue-violet pieces (cut from the first fern card) on the green, fused them and then covered them with netting. The ferns are not identical because I had to fill in for some I had 'miscut'.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

Wow, Autumn Fern is great.

meggie said...

I love all your cards. Redbird flying is my pick.

Norma Schlager said...

i love those ferns! I've made two big fern quilts and several postcards.