Sunday, May 24, 2009

2007 - People @ Quilt Nat'l '07 05-23-09

This is another look back at Quilt National 2007 and some of the people I saw there. I've always thought that conferences are ultimately about the people who attend and mingle. I met so many very nice people either making or interested in art quilts, but these are the pictures that are 'presentable'. One thing I learned in '07 is how important it is to take pictures of the artists with their quilts.

I didn't see the dairy barn when it was a dairy barn and I admit I have never been in such a place before. Now it is a wonderful, expansive space to hang quilts, they made a great choice. I include this picture to show how it looks with quilts hanging. Left to Right: the red quilt in the center is "Red Wave", "Robo Sapien: Agent 1" by Kathy Weaver, "Are We Safer Now?" by Judith Plotner.

Friends from Coronado, CA., Kathleen McCabe and her husband. Kathleen has a quilt in Quilt National '09 which I looked forward to seeing at the opening this year - maybe I will have a chance to see it in one of the traveling sections. in the next two years. The quilt on the right is "Dun Aengus Stone Fort" by Denise Labadie - 63"W x 71"L. On the far left is "Brush" by Mary Beth Frezon - 48"W x 28"L.

Karey Bresenhan and Kathleen Dawson at the welcoming table.

"Repose" with artist Melanie Testa 52"W x 41"L

Discussion in front of "Surround Sound" - 50"W x 38"L x 8"D by Regina Benson are
____________, Regina Benson, Pat Hawkins, _____________


Mary Ann Tipple artist with "Our Dads at War" 36"W x 37"L

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Del
I was looking through all the business cards I collected in 07 and found yours the other day!!! I was beyond the moon having a quilt in QN. Maybe next time!
Mary Ann
textiletipple.blogspot.com