Friday, May 29, 2009

Medical test and QMagazines 05-29-09

I went for an outpatient Angiogram today and apparently there is no problem after all. They did not put in a stint, but I must wait until an appointment on Tuesday to get actual results. Meanwhile, I can't drive for 48 hours, no jumping, bending, stretching, climbing ladders or lifting anything heavier than ten pounds. Good thing Corky isn't on my schedule any time soon. I am very tired, probably from getting up at 4:30am so Liz could pick me up and drive me to the hospital [I had to be there by 6am]. I have had two naps since she dropped me off about 2pm - en route we stopped for a Starbucks. They did give me breakfast on a tray after the test, but I find it so difficult to eat even slightly prone. I'll let you know what happens next week. "The Continuing Saga of the Squeeze".


I was going to talk about quilt related magazines, but I'll just post the picture tonight and talk about them tomorrow. These are the only four I take at this time. Anyone want QNM going back 25 - 30 years? How about Threads since they started publishing?
Meanwhile, if you don't take Fiberarts in the mail, pick up a copy of Summer 2009 at your friendly local new stand it is full of good things this time. More tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

No problem at all! That is great news.
I think you meant NO driving for 48 hours.
Take it easy Dear Del.

Terry Grant said...

Glad to hear the preliminary results were good. Take it easy! I am scheduled for a minor "procedure" next week. Getting old is hell, isn't it?

I have a love/hate relationship with the magazines. I quit QNM several years ago and Threads a couple of years ago--so sad that such an early wonderful magazine became so boring. I resubscribed to American Quilter when I sold an article to them. It finally appeared in the magazine this month after 2 years of waiting! Fiberarts is my current fav. I buy Quilting Arts when it looks interesting. I find it uneven.

Corky said...

Del - good news on the tests. Lets hope for continuing good news. Keep well!

Loretta said...

Del, I'm pleased to hear the tests provided good news. We await news on the more detailed information so you can get well and be your old spunky self! The prince needs you!
Take care,