Monday, May 25, 2009

Quilt from TCQC Ruth Powers 05-24-09


"How Could You Leave Us?" Ruth Powers 2005 11"W x 14"L
Machine pieced, cotton fabrics, assorted threads, machine quilted.

Ruth made this quilt for a Katrina victims fund raiser. Although it is a sad message it is one that I also asked on behalf of the pets left behind. I could never leave Corky, the Poodle Prince, behind, even if I had to stay behind myself. This is the sweetest little dog , perhaps it is a Beagle, I've never asked. When I look closely at the quilt I am amazed that Ruth can sew together such tiny, complicated pieces. Nobody pieces as well as Ruth McDowell, but Ruth Powers is getting closer each year. I am fortunate to know two such wonderful quilt makers named Ruth and even more fortunate to call them both friends.
http://www.ruthpowersartquilts.com/

Posted by Picasa

No comments: