Friday, May 22, 2009

2007 SAQA conference in Athens, Ohio 05-21-09

I'll call this image "Quilters at Lunch". This is about the time I wondered if there was anyone other than Ruth Powers that I knew! I'm terrible at remembering any one's name and seem to get even worse as the years go by. So, if you see someone here you know, drop me a e-mail or make a comment and I will add their names to the pictures.
There is someone I know smack-dab in the middle of this picture. Jill Rumoshosky Werner is wearing what appears to be a red-orange/brown jacket. I know her because I visited her in Wichita a couple years earlier, she was at the Visions opening in 2006 and I own one of her quilts.

The tables were round and seated (I think) eight, so those across the table were a long way away. I should know names for both of these ladies (wonder if they would rather be called 'gals'), but I can't think of them right now. One would suppose by this age I would be smart enough to write them down, but I didn't. I thought I might see them again this year. [A comment tells me that the lady on the right with the great smile is Laura Jaszkowski Jennings of Eugene, Oregon]



The group was not large so that we could be one-on-one quite a bit. I talked to this lady several times - very friendly and relaxed.

Some attendees were preoccupied with other people or other things. These two ladies were sitting on my right and I don't know who they are because they didn't talk to me.[A comment tells me that the lady on the left is Carol Larson.)

And these two waited until after dessert to discuss something in a catalog.
I get overwhelmed when a room is full of people. It doesn't bother me at all if I am doing a presentation, I can handle a crowd as long as it isn't a room full of children. Scary stuff, that!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Del,
I think the lady in the second picture from the bottom, on the left is Carol Larson http://cwlarson.blogspot.com/, but I couldn't swear to it. I'm getting so bad at names, I dread when I have to introduce people to each other, because I think I will forget one tft he names. We should all just wear name tags!

Anonymous said...

I'm confused. Are you in Athens right now?? Your posting titles say "2007" but then give dates now.

Del, if you are in Athens I want to meet you. I will be helping Debbie Bein set up the trunk show in the morning.

teri

Terry Grant said...

In your second picture, the lady on the right--great smile!--appears to be my friend, Laura Jaszkowski Jennings, from Eugene.