Monday, June 1, 2009

Yellow flowers 06-01-09


This one santalina plant grows in the corner of the front yard - it is about six feet in diameter and has been here for over 20 years. The gardener keeps wanting it trimmed! I hope I have convinced him that I like a somewhat rangy yard.


Each little yellow pillow sits up from the silvery green foliage and sparkles in the sun.

The Coreopsis border is also of long standing. The previous gardener let the Bermuda grass grow into the plants, so we had to remove about half of them. If I get out there with the weed whacker and lop all the dead flower heads off, we will have another crop of flowers this summer. If one is diligent there may even be three crops. I love these hardy little plants.


Like frilly yellow petticoats whirling in the breeze.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: