Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Quilt Festival - LBeach #1 07-27-09

Quilt Festival - LBeach opened with classes midweek and the exhibits and vendors opened on Thursday evening. I didn't go until Saturday when I worked two hours at the SAQA booth, then wandered around for about a half hour before going back to check on Corky. On Sunday the PParents were both home and they took Corky to the hospital. They dropped me off at the LBeach Convention center about noon and I had three hours to see what I wanted to see. I don't usually do the vendors and I didn't this time either. The galleries were so spacious there is plenty of room to see all the quilts completely from near to or a long view. I did take about a hundred pictures, but half are of the signs that match the quilts. I am only posting one quilt tonight because I am still tired after being asleep for about five hours and need to go back to bed. I will post some more photos tomorrow.

I am showing this quilt because I posted this past week about lightning depicted in quilts - this one is quite wonderful. It is an actual photograph applied to the fabric as a photo transfer. Good choice of quilting lines. You will be able to see them by clicking on the pictures.



I like this small horizontal slice of reality at the bottom.
Other images of quilts included in the Quilt Festivals in Chicago and LBeach:

I have also posted for 07-23-09 - delayed due to computer problem
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

You are amazing, Del. How you can keep up with the Festival and poor little Poodle Prince on bed rest. I cannot imagine trying to calm down a dog assigned to bed rest.

Meggie said...

I have been upset to discover Corky is having such painful problems. I know that feeling of panic & pain, when your beloved dog is not well.
I so have great faith in Chiropractic for dogs. Our Leo was almost instantly cured with treatment. He is very young though. I am sending love & healing vibes to PP CorkyXX