Sunday, July 26, 2009

No quilt, no pictures, another long day. 07-26-09

Corky went into the hospital this morning and had an MRI, for which he must have anesthesia. The MRI was interpreted and the conclusion is that he is not a candidate for surgery. The treatment will be medication, acupuncture, chiropractor and to confine him for 30 days - groan! He is on "complete bed rest" if that phrase can be applied to a dog. Especially one who has never been confined! He loves his walks and now will only be able to go out in the stroller! He must spend a lot of his time in a kennel or cage because he can't walk around except to do his business. Right now his mommy is in bed, Corky is in a cage (lovely with padded bottom and bumper pads decorated with cute animal outlines) crying and fussing, Jim and I are both on computers. We all (except maybe for Corky) are exhausted. We will all have a huge adjustment to make to take care of him adequately. I'm not sure how much time I can give them in the coming weeks.
I did go to the Quilt Festival today and took some pictures. But, AGAIN, my computer is giving me fits and won't download the pictures, so they must wait until I get home tomorrow. I can download them on my very tired Dell laptop. I hope. Am I having rotten luck with computers these days? I am using Sherry's computer and am limited. I'll have to talk about the Festival another day. I did see quite a few people I know and some that know me because they read my blog and were kind enough to introduce themselves. I think it is so great to meet these people, I appreciate the kindness you all extend to me.

2 comments:

dee said...

I'm sorry that sweet darling is having problems. They really are like children. Wish they could communicate better.
Get some rest. It sounds like you need it. I'll be thinking about you and praying for the little Prince.

June said...

I'm sorry to hear about Corky. In today's Oregonian, there was a feature about water therapy for dogs and even cats. They walk a treadmill in the water and it allows them to heal without putting weight on the injured parts and gives them some exercise, which apparently controls their anxiety. Maybe something like that would be available.

You certainly are busy. I can scarcely keep up with your comings and goings. Glad you made it to the quilt festival. The lightning piece (on today's blog) is wonderful.