Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Acupuncture 09-22-09

Not for me, although I have been considering it, but for Corky. I haven't given a 'doctoring" report on Corky for quite a long time. I took him for his acupuncture treatment today because his parents needed to be elsewhere. I'll take Corky just about anytime and anywhere - he is so well behaved and loving. He was a little more anxious this morning, but I think it was because there was a dog in the back making moaning noises and although Corky is deaf I know he could hear that dog - there would be quiet for a few minutes and he would calm down. Then the dog would start moaning again and Corky was all 'antsy'. I don't know if this picture shows him anxious or afraid - just cute, eh?
Dr. Woods uses about fifteen needles, distributed from just below Corky's neck to his hips and knees. The only time he gets a reaction is when he puts one in Corky's left knee - just that one needle - and Corky jumps. Like one would when stuck with a needle! He does not seem to feel the others at all.

Here you can see the three needles below his neck and the one in his left knee - the "handle" end sticking out is pink. Mostly Corky just lays on his pillow and usually takes a nap until Dr. Woods returns. But today he was too agitated, so I was holding him still. However, when my old hands started aching I eased up a bit and in that instant Corky shook his body all over, like he had just come out of a pool. The needles went everywhere! They had been in for slightly less than the required fifteen minutes, but Dr. Woods said not to worry.

We still don't know, and may never know, which is helping him the most - acupuncture or the holistic shot he receives each week. But he doesn't seem to be in pain at any time and has no restrictions except going up and down stairs. He seems as nosey and lively as always. We hope he has a lot of years left to live and love.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

Corky is always a very welcome sight!
He does look apprehensive about something in the first picture..

Loretta said...

Corky is adorable!!!

Meggie said...

Thankyou for this. Corky looks very aprehensive in the top shot. I do think dogs sense things on so many levels we can only guess about.