Saturday, September 26, 2009

More Sunsets 09-26-09

I'm really into this sunset thing. I dug out some pictures of quilts I have made in the past and also worked today's Daily Puzzle from Jigzone which is sunset on the Amalfi coast. You can do it at: http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/2009-09-26-1C2D9131A
"Sunset Strip - South Pacific" Del Thomas 1999 40.5"W x 14.5"L

Original design, commercial fabrics, fused, machine pieced, machine quilted. A skinny quilt with a sunset - what could it be but "Sunset Strip"? The most unbelievable sunsets I have ever seen were in the South Pacific in the Outback of Australia. So brilliant they could give anyone a headache - they take your breath away -awesome.

And a detail.
"Sunset Strip - Orchard" Del Thomas 2005 40"W x 18"L
Background: Hand-dyed fabric from Bonny Tinling of Vista, CA. Trees: Commercial fabric .
Original design, fused, machine quilted. The bird on this quilt is in the tree on the far left.
And a detail.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

Beautiful sunsets!
I think I see the bird.
I've been watching our sunsets the last few nights.

Meggie said...

Wonderful Del! I loved the sunsets we saw in Phuket. Very vivid, much like your quilts.