Wednesday, October 28, 2009

PIQF #14 Charming Quilts 10-28-09

This quilt won the Best of Country (Blue) ribbon for South Africa and somehow I did not take a picture of the entire quilt! You can see one on the World Quilt Competition site:
http://www.worldquilt.com/activities_detail.asp?id=124


I was so taken with this childlike image of a quail that I took this picture before the whole quilt and then didn't go back for a full shot. Isn't he charming?


Also in the quilt is this cat with the profile of some kind of goat.



Also this rustic little house in bright colors. On the right side is a person done with running stitch and a scarab beetle image.

I don't 'do' Christmas, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying Christmas symbols, art, quilts, etc. This is one of the most charming Christmas memory quilts I have seen.

There were many quilts that were painted or partially painted, many not very successfully, but this one is so delicate and endearing I didn't mind the very light layers of paint.

Some folksy angels flying over a star - one eating apples!

Dear little decorations on the tree include tiny angels , bears, balls, and little children.
Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: