Friday, October 2, 2009

Sunrise and Corky w/his "Dingo" bone

Yes, it was a momentous occasion, I was up before the sun came up. It wasn't all that spectacular, just pretty.

Corky likes some chew bones called "Dingos" and carries one all around his Long Beach house. he hides it somewhere and then later goes all around looking for it. But he rarely eats it.

When he has one at Camp Del he will hide it for a couple hours and then dig it up again and proceed to eat the entire thing, unless i steal part of it and place it somewhere he cannot find it. I'll give it back to him tomorrow and he will eat the rest of the bone'. He holds it upright in his paws, just like a monkey would. Silly little guy!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

June said...

Sunrise? Sunrise! Can you hear my voice rising to a squeak? Of course, the days are getting shorter, but still -- this violates all the rules, even the one that involves Corky. At least I hope he was the cause of seeing the sunrise. Otherwise, it can't be good.......

Del said...

Yes, Corky is the culprit. When he stays with me (or I stay with him) he cannot get up until 6am. No matter how he jiggles and bounces or yips - I just endure it. Usually the first morning he tries it, but it doesn't work and he then accepts the "rule". At six I let him out to do 'business' and then he has breakfast. Usually I have already gone back to bed, so he joins me. He is no dummy, but he does have to test me now and then. Friday I knew I wouldn't go back to sleep so I stayed up and he went back to bed. What a guy!

June said...

Whew! Glad to hear that Corky's in charge these days!

Deborah said...

he's adorable

Meggie said...

Dear, Dear little Corky!xx