Monday, November 2, 2009

TCQG Gloria Hansen's "Pink Flowers II" 11-01-09


"Pink Flowers II" Gloria Hansen 2005 16"W x 17"L

Hand painted cotton fabrics, printed image, machine pieced, fused,machine quilted.

Gloria donated this quilt to the Fiberarts For A Cause Invitational Reverse Auction - 2006 and I was the lucky bidder. I don't know how she achieved such a bright, clear photo image on fabric, it is about the best I have seen. Maybe I need to read her book:

"Digital Essentials, the Quilt Makers Must Have Guide to Files, Images, and More"


Gloria's quilting continues the foliage into the wide border, lending even more depth to her printed image.



Here is the very nice label on the back - I like the care instructions and I might start adding that to my labels. Can't hurt - might help someone in the future.
See Gloria's work and books at
http://www.gloriahansen.com/

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

I wanted to let you know how much I enjoy seeing the quilts you post on your blog.
Thank you SO MUCH for sharing.