Saturday, November 7, 2009

Where was I then? 11-07-09

I started blogging while on a Road Trip to Kansas, but not on Blogger. At that time AOL had a blogging service, which they have since discontinued. Then I did some blogs for individual Road Trips and finally started this blog August 18, 2007. I've been downloading digital pictures since 2001. So I now have enormous files of both blogs and pictures. They aren't good for much - sort of like old newspapers, but I can't use them to start a campfire or line the canary's cage or even to train a puppy. Makes me wonder where all this information will eventually end up.

Today I looked back at 11-07-04 to see what I might have been doing and I came up with these pictures. Five whole years and I have yet to make the seagull quilt these were intended for. Always more ideas than time, right?

These gulls were bathing in the Oceanside Civic Center pool. There are always at least a few there and sometimes squads of them. It is a very lovely place to sit and watch the birds, or the people. I was in Oceanside because Visions 2004 was about to open - it was a great exhibit and I'm sure 2010 will also be excellent.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

Um, great idea, but wasn't 5 years ago 2004? And are you in Oceanside, California? We go there often to camp at Del Mar Beach (on Camp Pendleton).

Del said...

Thanks for the correction, Cyndi. Five years ago was, of course, 2004. Old brains and arthritic fingers!