Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Friend 12-29-09

What sustains us better than our friends? Since I stopped celebrating Xmas I have discovered that everyone else is terribly busy just when I am not! They are shopping, wrapping, cleaning, preparing for company, cooking, etc....! Meanwhile I might clean out a drawer or two and do my usual chores (or not). And I certainly have lots of time to think about friends I am missing. The list is long, but here are two friends who are close to my heart.

Friend Toni Mahoney at her 2nd home in Colorado in August 2004. Toni and her husband live in Tustin, CA, with their amazing cat Stanley. http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=3236658054810119404&postID=8710554107460630782 Toni belongs to quilt guilds in California and in Colorado, although she seldom attends those in CO; she has in the past year returned to playing the violin and is involved in several small groups. Her husband's health is not good, so they seldom travel these days. Toni and I are determined to get together soon - between her schedule and my poor health these days we most 'talk' via e-mail.

I took this picture of my friend Maggie Ezell in Feb 2007 - the occasion was Karen Kolwalchuk's birthday party held at Maggie's house. A perfectly lovely party - bittersweet because we knew that Karen was moving east before long.

Maggie has just had major surgery and is waiting for results from biopsies - so everyone is sending good thoughts, prayers and meals (unfortunately I live too far away to be much help in the food department). Maggie is one of those amazing people who always makes others feel good when she is around; she has done several jobs for Beach Cities Quilters Guild (including President) and is active in a number of none quilt related philanthropies in south Orange County. I have not seen her for sometime, between her busy life and mine it just doesn't seem to work out as often as we wish. I hope we can get together early in the new year to catch up on all our news. Meanwhile I solicit your good thoughts and prayers for a very special lady.

# # #


3 comments:

Rayna said...

I am sitting here reading and sending strong positive thoughts and vibes to your friend Maggie.

Also, sending big hugs for you for renewed health, strength, and a happy 2010.
love,
R.

Christine Thresh said...

What beautiful women.

Meggie said...

I hope your health has improved, Del. I wish you Joy Great Health & much fun & laughter for the year 2010.
Hugs, megx