Thursday, December 31, 2009

The last shadow of 2009 12-31-09

No flash still, so I thought I would see what I could take a flash less picture of before the sun went down. This is the shadow of the weeping birch tree on the lovely grey siding of the house. The sun tints the air for the last time in 2009 and, I think, makes quite a lovely image. Every year has shadows, some more than others. This has not been a good year for many people in this country and all over the world, although my investments have 'rallied' so things don't look terribly dark for the future of the TCQC. More new quilts in 2010, I hope. Most of all I look forward to better health and fewer losses, perhaps some long distance travel and LOTS of creative sewing. I have no resolutions - just hopes. And they extend to all of you around the world who read this blog regularly or periodically. I hope this new year fulfills your dreams.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

jpsam said...

Yes, lovely! And you are, too! All good wishes for the new year.
joan

Patty ♣ said...

What a nice thought....the last shadow of 2009!
I wish for your hopes to become facts...
You are a treasure.
Happy New Year!

Louise in SW Saskatchewan said...

Thank you for your diligence in posting so frequently. It's nice to spend time with you when I can.

A new year, a new decade.....lots of hope for the future.

Christine Thresh said...

The last shadow of 2009 -- a great picture. I don't think it would have worked with a flash.
I hope your hopes come true in 2010.

June said...

A great photo, a great shadow, and remember, if there were no shadows, we'd all be washed out, as with a flash (thanks, Crhistine).

Happy 2010, Del.