Monday, December 28, 2009

Rachel Maus Workshop for Surfside QG 12-28-09

Rachel Maus came up with this design - or perhaps "method of working" would be more apt - over a period of time. She did have that 'light bulb' moment to start with, but worked at the measurements to provide for many different sized blocks. She calls the method "It Doesn't Matter" and I find it quite fascinating. I admire her desire to share the method with others in the old tradition of quilt making when everything new was happily passed on to others without charge or copyright barriers. Since I have been so busy being sickly I have not been out to purchase a new camera, so there is no flash used in these images.
I really enjoyed the day, but by the time I had stopped at the 99 Food Market and driven home in semi-heavy traffic I just walked into my bedroom and collapsed. Later, when I tried to work at the computer, I could not stay awake to type one sentence. Sure hope this sleepiness disappears with tonight's last antibiotic. Other than that little problem and an occasional residual cough I think I will be well in a couple days.
My table mate, Sharon Pembrook, is in deep concentration - not over the technique, but listening on her cell phone to the misbehavior of her grand girl! And she still accomplished more than I - I am so slow. Behind her are class samples for the shop workshops - you can see other pictures and descriptions at the "A Time To Sew" website:
One of the "It Doesn't Matter" quilts on the left and more shop workshop samples on the right. Barbara Seidel checks out fabrics that Rachel brought and Julia Maben contemplates more cutting.
I'll post more about the "It Doesn't Matter" quilt sometime this coming week.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: