Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Surfside QGuild December Fest 12-08-09

Today's meeting of the Surfside Quilters Guild was our first big fundraiser. Since we are such a new guild (May 2009) we need to put some 'cushion' in the treasury and I think we did today. More than half of the members attended today's meeting/live auction/silent auction/raffle (sort of a Chinese auction). They enjoyed the abundance of food, Christmas music from a piano playing member and having time to just visit. We hope to make this an annual event.
Our meetings are at the San Clemente Presbyterian Church which has a sort of terrace in front with this great view of the ocean. The day was beautiful if a little on the cool side -50 max.
My friend Liz Williams drove down with me and pitched in to help wherever she could. One of my responsibilities is taking pictures to use in the newsletter, but my old camera did not want to flash, although I charged the battery all night last night. So, the pictures are somewhat blurry and have the yellow cast that comes with low light.
We had wonderful food - savory and sweet. The hospitality ladies did a fabulous job and were going to take the many leftovers to a place that can use them.
I only bid on one auction piece - Nancy Ota's "Sea Leaves", which you can see on this page of the album of all the live auction pieces. http://tinyurl.com/yzqlel7 Since I was willing to go as high as necessary I brought it home with me! The latest addition to the TCQC.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Suzanne Kistler said...

Welcome home! I'm glad the elements did not hold you back from visiting your aunt or making it home. What a blessing for her to see you. I'm glad you took the time and effort - too many people don't these days.

Thank you, too, for today's quilt show! I love your new acquisition!