Thursday, January 7, 2010

Limitations 01-07-10

Your eyes do not deceive you - this is the same image I posted yesterday. Wordless Wednesday posts are especially hard for me to do - I ALWAYS have a story or an explanation. When I went out to the drugstore a few days ago it was a fantastic blue sky day with not a breath of wind, not unusual for this time of year. When I came out of the store, there beside my rear wheel was this huge sycamore leaf on the pavement - a leaf the size of my two hands spread open. I suppose that while I was inside it just got tired of hanging on and dropped exhausted to the ground.

You can look at this image on two levels. Focus on the lower left corner and you will see the tree against the sky. Focus on the odd white shapes in the center and you will see the white cars parked in the lot on the other side of my car. Amazing what our eyes can do.

It has taken me twenty-five minutes to do this blog! I am still doctoring the 'coughing ailment' and saw Dr. Debin this morning. She continues to be concerned about the condition of my lungs and the lingering cough.. as am I. She added another inhaler to my regimen and told me to go home and go to bed and stay there! I did it - arrived home about 9:30 am, flung myself into bed and have been there ever since! I can't read because I just go to sleep, can't compute because I drift off and drool on my keyboard, can't sew because I fear I will slice off my finger or sew it into a seam. I've slept about twenty hours of the last twenty-four and keep drifting away - this is one awesome affliction. Don't catch it. I'm sure the inhalers have something to do with the sleepiness as I am hardly coughing. Perhaps they are doing their job. I haven't done much of anything for a month, but I did manage to get the Surfside QG newsletter to the guild president for posting. You can check it out at http://tinyurl.com/yd3e5mw

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Gerrie said...

Del - so sorry to hear this. I am happy to hear you are getting in some much needed sleep.Take care.

Christine Thresh said...

You poor sweetie pie. I do hope this affliction ends soon. Take it easy.
That you managed to get the newsletter done with your illness is amazing. The newsletter looks so good.

June said...

Sleep is good. Use it to pass the time while you heal. Read yourself to sleep and wake up only to take care of the physical necessities. Then sleep some more.

But check in with a close friend a couple times a day, by email if necessary, just so everyone knows you are waking up to eat and drink etc. But the sleep is what your body needs or it wouldn't insist so hard that you do it.

Now that I've lectured you good, take care, my friend. And remember, you lectured me a bit today on my blog too --snort --

Terry Grant said...

I hardly need to comment--you have had lots of good "mothering" from Gerrie and Christine and June. Just chiming in to say take care and get well.