Sunday, April 11, 2010

"Delft Hen" Ruth B. McDowell 04-10-10

"Delft Hen" Ruth B. McDowell 2010 20"W x 24"L
She's really a bit of a tease, isn't she? I think I shall call her Mitzi. Ruth has used a paisley print for those sexy thighs and little white on blue flowers for the wing folding back on the perky tail. "Rooster at Freddy's" is definitely smitten. You can tell how much fun Ruth has had with this flock of chickens, each has such an individual personality - amazing! There is only one hen left "Ikat Hen" who is very lonely on the 'yet to be sold' page. The first of Ruth's chicken quilts (that I remember, anyway) is Madame Blu's Chickens which she made in 2003. This great quilt can still be seen on her website - close to the bottom of the "Other Recent Quilts" page or pull it up at http://www.ruthbmcdowell.com/clients/rbm/ShowQuilt.cfm?Quilt=madamebluschickens . There must now be twenty Ruth McDowell quilts in the Collection. I am REALLY a fan!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

I am so glad you have all these quilts. I love them.

Gerrie said...

This is fabulous. I am so happy your photos are showing up for me, now.

Loretta said...

Delft Hen is just gorgeous! Ruth's whimsy is extra special too! Trust you are feeling lots better today.

June said...

Delft Hen made me laugh out loud. And the implied pun "deft hen" worked too.