Saturday, April 17, 2010

New elegant tote 04-16-10

At Empty Spools I admired a tote bag that my friend Mabel Huseby had made from Judy Robertson hand dyed fabric. And she went home and made one for me! Just like Mabel, so generous. The bottom of the tote is 9" x 11" and it is 13" tall. The hand dyed fabric is lined with the top edge turned to the front to form a binding. There are pockets all the way around and there is a small zippered pocket on the inside. I'm not sure what the black fabric is, but it may be water proof.

This shows the other side of the bag - I don't think my pictures do it justice. Judy's fabric is always so original. I buy a few yards whenever I see her booth at a quilt show, but like many people I am hesitant to cut into it and have a separate fabric storage box, just for her work. You can check out her fabric at http://justimagination.com/
I'm going to need to quickly sew a label inside so everyone will know it belongs to me.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

That is a handsome bag.

Gerrie said...

Oh, I love that, Del. I think I have some shibori fabric that needs to become a bag.

Loretta said...

WOW!!!!
I trust you are feeling lots, lots better.

Terry Grant said...

Beautiful. Very elegant!

Unknown said...

This IS truly lucious! Tell her that we all think it is marvelous!

Holly Knott said...

Ooooh, gorgeous! I have some of Judy's fabric I haven't wanted to cut up, so I think a large tote bag may be just the thing to do with it!

Wen Redmond said...

I love the bag by Mabel Huseby- any chance you would make one for selling- to me??

Rayna said...

Just catching up on your blog and knew immediately that your bag was Judy Robertson's. I love her stripes and still have that (or similar) fabric I bought 10 years ago and am rationing.