Monday, June 21, 2010

Corky and a Phoebe 06-21-10

Corky, the Poodle Prince, has been sick again with the intestinal problem he has had in the past. Poor little guy has been on an oatmeal, honey, yogurt diet and is taking sulfa drugs and something else with which I am not familiar. His parents were going to take him to Havasu for the weekend, but it is so very hot out there now - although there is air conditioning on the inside of the house, he still must go outside at least half a dozen times a day and then there is his daily walk. Besides, doesn't everyone want to be in their own house when they are sick? I know I do. So, I stayed with him in LBeach until his parents came home this evening. Of course, I took my laptop and all the papers necessary to work on the SQG newsletter. And I took a mystery novel along to read when I couldn't compute any longer. So, I did get some work done. And Corky got a lot of loving. He is back on his regular diet starting last evening, but he has to finish the pills - haven't we all heard that before. Of course, in order to get him to take them they must be coated with yogurt or peanut butter! He has his favorite friend, a lanky sheep with a Jimmy Durante snozzola (in brown velour, no less) and they spent some time snuggling.

It is almost as if they are telling secrets.


Nice to have a pal when you are not feeling good, eh?


I haven't walked Corky in his neighborhood lately, I usually have him at my house when his parents are gone.
And the Phoebes are back - we have them where I live, but not in the numbers found in the greenbelt alongside the boat canals. This one is an immature and is just starting to grow his white bib.


Here he is sitting on a wall where I could really get a look at the still developing bib. They perch on the sprinklers or the outdoor walkway lamps to dart out for their huge daily diet of flying bugs. I love the Phoebes for eating the mosquitoes, because the mosquitoes would eat me alive given half a chance.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

I am so glad that Corky has you in his life! He seems to have been blessed with a loving family...I hope that he is all better by morning!

Meggie said...

I do hope Corky is well recovered from his upset tummy.
I have never seen a Phoebe! There are so many birds in USA that I have never seen in reality.