Friday, July 16, 2010

Computer Crash 07-15-10

Yes, the 'corrupters' finally got me. I am trying to find someone who can extract whatever is left in my computer's innards. The guy at Notebook.com (which is a store in SCalifornia) where I bought this Fujitsu piece of junk, says there is nothing there. No documents. No programs. Nothing.
BUT he did manage to access IE and Picasa. So, I'm not taking his word for it - to me NOTHING means nothing, not what he doesn't know how to find. Suggestions are welcome. Anyone?
I am using my old Dell laptop, but, of course, it has not been updated for months and is not current. Please forgive me if I don't blog daily, as is my habit. I will try to find something not too depressing in my life to blog about. I do have the Poodle Prince for a few days and we will be staying inside most of the time. When I left my house at 7:45am to pick up the little guy it was 87.5F and now, at 5pm, it is 95.5F. However, it did reach 101F at some point today, according to my recording thermometer which is in the shade of the patio cover on the east side of the house. Not terribly unusual for SCalifornia, but this is the 'monsoon' season when the weather comes up from the south (Mexico) so this morning there were rain showers to the NW of Los Angeles and in the deserts to the north. We are having the sticky humidity that the east coast suffered with last week.
I hope to work on my sewing projects which have languished for months.
# # #

2 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

we took ours to Best Buy to the Geek Squad. They found some things that had gotten by NORTON!

Rayna said...

Oh, how simply awful. I think we have all been there and it is not a pleasant experience. At least you have a backup, creaky though it may be.
Maybe Geek Squad is an idea - but do yourself a favor and get a MacBook.

Stunning picture of you in that lovely hat, Del. Love that smile - no words necessary!