Monday, July 12, 2010

Pictures I Save. 07-12-10

Pictures on my computer are one of my treasures. I think back to my childhood when my sister and I visited our grandparents in Los Angeles (near Eagle Rock) and would take film to the corner drugstore to be developed. We didn't have much money, so we were careful to take only 'important' pictures. Of course, they were black/white and never quite measured up to what we expected. I have no idea what happened to most of them. I moved away from Portland, OR, just out of high school and took with me only what would fit in a suitcase, a train case and a hat box (yes, hats were important then). I suppose my sister has boxes of photos - she is worse than I am about keeping things forever.
Now I have thousands of pictures on Picasa storage and rarely go in to delete anything. Just like photos stored in boxes some have labels and some do not. One always thinks the names and places and dates will be there in our memory, but they fade away quickly as the years pass. Here are four pictures that I love to look at.

I have no idea where this was taken, I expect in the 'north woods', but it is a tribute to a woodcutter/stacker with a lovely imagination.

Of all the cat pictures that come across my computer threshold this is my favorite one. With the possible exception of "Max and the Pincushion" which is a video.
http://wwwbluemoonriver.blogspot.com/2009/08/max-and-pincushion.html

These little birdies may be Photoshopped, but I love them anyway.

This one always makes me smile. I took it near the Utah/Wyoming border while on a road trip in 2005. It is the "Vampire Truck"! I have seen other trucks decorated in this way since this one, guess the truckers are identifying with the vampire hype along with the teenagers.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

I love these too! Especially the birdies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dee said...

Akk good pictures but that tree is just amazing. Hope all is well with you Del.

dee said...

That's aupposed to be "all" further proof that re-reading before publishing is necessary!!

Gerrie said...

I love trees and that first photo, just made my heart go pitter patter.

Terry Grant said...

Took me a minute and a click to enlarge, to figure out what was happening in that first photo, but when I did Oh MY! What a beautiful thing someone created! All wonderful photos. Thank you for sharing.

Rayna said...

What fun! Especially that little kid and then the vampire truck. I needed a chuckle. Thanks.