Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Money Tree 09-11-10

Two Day Lilies - just so you have something pretty to look at!

I have posted about Amy Rosenthal in the past. This is another of her social experiments that surprised her and certainly surprised me. Not at all what I thought would happen.

Check her website for more of her 'events'. She is an interesting person and very enterprising.
http://www.whoisamy.com/

Some of you might be interested in Virginia Speigel's post about one of her patrons who collects art quilts. http://www.virginiaspiegel.com/blog/archives/5331
# # #

2 comments:

Corky said...

I saw this the other day and was surprised at how many people seemed oblivious as they walked by. Makes us think about how much of the world around us we are missing on a regular basis.

June said...

The Money Tree is astonishing. A bit of cynicism, lots of living in a different space than the physical surrounds, and a surprising modesty about what to take. I didn't see anyone laugh a lot at the idea, though, which is what I hoped for. I also thought that once a cell phone came out, lots of people would show up. I wonder if it ever got posted to Facebook and what might happen then. The little notes were a brilliant addition. What a grand imagination Amy has -- guess I have to add her to my regular blog drop-ins.