Saturday, November 20, 2010

Computer Play Day 11-20-10

It has been a rainy Saturday and quite cool, so Corky and I just hung out at home - he slept (which is what he mostly does at the advanced age of 14) and I "played" on the computer. I cleaned out some files, read and answered old e-mail, sorted through incoming on the Surfside newsletter site, and looked at various websites and blogs. It is a way to discover new artists and see what my 'long time favorites" are doing. I found an online exhibit of quilts from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. I know a few artists from each country and found some whose work I will look into further. http://www.myplacequilts.com/index.html
I visited http://www.dooce.com (the website of Heather Armstrong) to check out the Daily Chuck pages - pictures of her dog Chuck in silly and serious poses. I admit I don't understand many of her blog posts - it is like reading messages from outer space! Her life is so different from mine it is hard to accept it as reality. But I'm sure it is real and therein is the fascination. She is a fabulous photographer and a fabulous housekeeper, or she employs a fabulous housekeeper. She has a note in the sidebar mentioning this post: http://essdogg.tumblr.com/post/1610272132/beyond-a-reasonable-doubt which I enjoyed. One of her best posts is about finding a lost cat - just in the nick of time: http://www.dooce.com/2010/07/21/susan
About four o'clock Corky and I drove up to Brea to pick something up at a shop and then stopped at a Starbucks drive-thru. A Grande Decaf Latte for me and a dog biscuit for Corky. Starbuck's no longer gives out dog biscuits so I keep a supply in the driver's side pocket of my car. Corky's stuff occupies the passenger side pocket, but he is not to be trusted that close to a bag of treats.

It was just misting a bit when we drove across Imperial Highway - very dark clouds to the east.

After we went through the drive-thru I stopped in the parking lot for another picture.

Exactly 5pm when I took this picture driving southwest on Valencia

This shot is interesting - wonder what it is and how I happened to take it. Need more rest!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rayna said...

It's an abstract art shot.Hmmm...

Corky said...

I read Dooce too and have noticed how perfect everything looks in her photos. I wonder if there is some OCD involved. I love the photos of her dogs and her beautiful daughters.

meg said...

Erm???Looks like a nostril, to me!