Thursday, March 10, 2011

More pool therapy 03-09-11

The new swim suit from Land's End finally arrived today.  Why did I pay for two-day air?  Won't do that again.   And it doesn't fit!  Oh, I can get into it, but I feel like a sausage!  Guess I'll try for the next larger size, which is what Michigoose told me to do in the first place.  Sorry, I should have listened.   Meanwhile, a friend sent me several pages of new, inexpensive suits.  I'm sure she doesn't think they are appropriate for a fat, old 72 old broad, but it was nice of her to think of me.  If I were 24 I would buy this one, but would never get into the pool


 
The session in the pool today was great.  He still has me doing gentle exercises and in between he told me to just relax for a certain number of minutes, so I leaned back in the water and just floated around in the pool on my back.  I bumped into a couple people until I found a space of my own at the far deep end of the pool.   It was heavenly - something I always used to enjoy when I did go swimming.   When I got to that third step I was okay.  I could feel the gravity, but it didn't knock me to my knees today.   And I didn't collapse when I arrived home, but after several hours I took a little nap - more because of the 6:30am alarm than the exercise.  I thought I could make it to the facility in about thirty minutes, but I had to wait for two trains going different directions and the traffic on the freeway was less than a mile an hour most of the way.  So, I was twenty minutes late - something they really frown on 'cause it screws up their schedule.  Guess I better try leaving the house at 7am on Friday - I know that some of you will at that.  But I REALLY want to solve this muscle problem and be able to live a normal life again.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Corky said...

Ah, the joys of SoCal traffic! That is a cute suit, but not for normal people!

Gerrie said...

I am glad to hear the water therapy is becoming more comfy for you.