Thursday, April 7, 2011

Asilomar, but too late at night 04-07-11

Sorry, my friends, it has been a long day of exciting creativity and friendship and I must go to my room and get some sleep.  Tomorrow we must be packed up and on the road by noon and there are three hours of critique in Ruth's class.  So, here (I hope) is a picture of the fellow I had lunch with today - at the picnic tables sheltered from the wind by a stone wall and plexi panels.  He was very friendly and would have jumped right in my wonderful chicken salad if I hadn't kept shooing him off.  He ate the second piece of fococcia - but mostly he carried it off, so maybe he was feeding a mate or some nestlings or (as jays sometimes do) burying it for future meals! 

Mr. Scrub Jay with fococcia crumbs!

Anthers on Spring Beauty quilt by Ruth B. McDowell.  She refers to the technique as "scrunched fabric" - five or six little squares in a pile sewn through the middle to the quilt, then wet and scrunched with fingers so they stand up.

Bed quilt made by Designing Women friendship group in Del's sleeping room.
Maybe I will be able to do some picture catchup at Mary's house tomorrow night. 

1 comment:

Brenda Gael Smith said...

Your pictures are showing up fine :-)