Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Testing for pictures 04-06-11

I hope that loading pictures this way will work, I haven't had any luck with the "work around" offered by Blogger help.  Please let me know if you cannot see the four pictures below.  They were all taken at Asilomar Conference Center in Pacific Grove, CA, where I am attending the Empty Spools Seminars.   

So many of the trees have died from infestation by a foreign boring insect, but there are a few large trees left and the young trees planted in the last few years are looking healthy at this time.  This one is just outside the side doors into Merrill Hall. 

 Sorry, I got the night picture before the day picture!  Both taken from the same spot on the terrace outside the front door to Merrill Hall - looking toward the ocean/Monterey Bay.  I have cropped this image to make the moon more prominent.

 Unfortunately the back "yard" of the kitchen is right in line with the view of the ocean.  I've modified the bushes/trees a bit to cover it up.  Lots of white caps on Monday, but today (Wed) there has been howling wind all day.  If these pictures work I will soon post a few of the crashing waves.

Could I NOT take a picture of this little guy?  A very young poodle with a "puppy cut" like Corky's.  She (surely a she with a pink sweater) was so excited at this new adventure she was going around in circles.  Too young, I think, and I was glad to see them return to their car. 

Hope the pictures show.  I have quite a backlog.  Everything else is great here and we are all creating up a storm.  Some wonderful quilts being designed and started.  However, I miss my friends who are usually here - maybe next year.

#   #   #

9 comments:

June said...

Pictures came through beautifully -- and beautiful as usual. The poodle looked to be quite wonderful -- almost unreal -- did you really catch her jumping?

I keep meaning to write you a real email, but I'm still running a day late as well as that dollar short. But soon, soon, soon......

dee said...

great photos of a lovely place. Glad you were able to post a few. Have fun Del.

Beverly said...

Thanks for bringing back more memories, I loved the one chance I had to go to Asilomar in 2005. I can smell the ocean. .

Loretta said...

Thank you for the pictures. Even with the wonderful old trees being replaced, Asilomar conf. center and beach are inspiring places to create. I know you're enjoying every minute.

Gerrie said...

You did it!! I see 4 pics! I love Asilomar so much. Wish I was there, too.

abelian said...

Oh, Del, I miss being there!

Dottie D

Patty ♣ said...

Hi Del! Yes, you did it! The pictures are great! Nice thinking of you there enjoying that beautiful place.

Terry Grant said...

Yayyyy! The pictures are there.

Rayna said...

Glad to see your beautiful pictures and happy to hear that you are enjoying yourself. Do you take Ruth McDowell eery time you go?