Tuesday, May 17, 2011

On the Road - Placentia to St. George, Utah

Of course I got away "late"!  What's late?  As long as I arrive in Denver by Wednesday night I won't be late! It was rather an easy drive on I-15, not many trucks and only an occasional clog where the perennial speeders catch up and try to get around the law abiding drivers. I gassed up in Las Vegas - WOW has it every grown in four years.  I think that was the last time I drove through there. All those tacky little two story houses squeeze tightly together - it made me sad.  Definitely the land of the haves and the have nots.   

I love to drive through the desert at night - especially when there is a spectacular sunset that lingers and lingers and lingers!.  This is was just about the peak of the glory - I had to pull off on a ramp to get a good shot as it was mostly setting behind me. 


 
This was my view directly ahead to the NE - a reflection of the blazing sky behind me.
It has been cloudy the entire way and there were a few raindrops.  My vehicle has automatic windshield wipers (which startled me the first time they came on suddenly) and they sense just a few drops and start wiping.  It was a great drive and I am so happy to be on a Road Trip after so long. 
And I am feeling good.  I did my exercises last night before I fell into bed.  I could not figure out how to get on line, every motel is different and I haven't needed to figure it out lately.  So, I am all packed and in the lobby using my laptop after Marco the manager helped me get on the Internet.    And now I am headed north again on I-15.  It is cloudy and very stormy looking, but the temperatures are not low enough for snow - at least not here. 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

Oh Boy! I am looking forward to traveling along with you again!!! YAY! Stay safe!!♥

Dolores said...

I'm so happy you're having fun!!! Enjoy the journey in every way. XX

Suzanne Kistler said...

I can't wait to hear about the SAQA conference! Safe travels and have a WONDERFUL time!!

Rayna said...

Ah - Del on the road! What could be better?
Have fun at the conference and if you see Linda Colsh, give her a big hug for me (since I can't be there to give it to her myself).