Monday, June 20, 2011

Out to Dinner 06-20-11

I do love salmon and could eat it every day if it were available and not too expensive.  My favorite, and that of thousands, is Copper River Salmon from the cold clear waters of Alaska.  It is sooo verrry tasty grilled and adorned with a gentle squeeze of lemon (Meyer Lemon, of course).  
The Poodle Parents took me out to "The Original Fish Company" on Los Alamitos Blvd in Los Alamitos (which abuts Long Beach on the east).  Of course, I dove right in and most of my salmon was gone by the time I thought to take a picture, but Sherry had hardly touched hers, so I took a picture of her plate.  All three of us had the Copper River Salmon and I brought home Sherry's leftovers for lunch tomorrow - I can hardly wait!





Here is the URL for the Copper River Salmon organization.  Not a lot of info, but if you Google it you will find dozens of sites that talk about this delicacy.
http://www.copperriversalmon.org/

I made an error yesterday.  Charlotte Patera's quilt is both hand and machine quilted. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gerrie said...

It is my favorite, too. I am always so happy when it shows up at my fish market. It is very pricy when it first becomes available.