Saturday, June 4, 2011

Bird Watching w/Carol 06-04-11

There were twelve of us on the bird watching session at the Fullerton Arboretum this morning.  We totaled 25 species, all were exciting to see, but nothing new for my "life list". 

The lady in the dark shirt just to the right of center is Carol Bednar.  Directly in front of her the right arm lifting binoculars to eyes belongs to Greg our knowledgeable guide. 


My camera is inadequate to take bird images, but here are some turtles sunning themselves on the rocks with a mallard front and center paddling by.  We also saw a widgeon with its ridiculous blue "nose."  The "best" sighting were two green herons who seem to have a nest in a tree hanging over the pond.  The picture I took is just a blur - sorry.


Three little turtles and two huge carp.


 
One lovely surprise when I returned from my travels is that the jacarandas are blooming.  Such a spectacular trees with their blue-violet party dresses on.  

Afterward Carol and I had a delicious Moroccan Salad at California Pizza Kitchen and then I drove to LBeach to see the Poodle Prince.   When I realized his parents would be gone for the afternoon and evening (although close enough to run home and let him out) and all of tomorrow morning, I just brought him home with me.  We have both been napping.  I read a little, nap a little and he naps a little, checks out the windows and naps some more.  Can still hardly keep my eyes open.  Tomorrow is soon enough to unpack the suitcases.  Right?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Del, did not realize that we share bird watching in common. That was a passion of mine long before quilting. I've been from the Dry Tortugas to Attu to increase my life list. Nancy