Friday, August 12, 2011

Haven Gastro Pub - Orange, CA 08-11-11

I sometimes go for weeks without going out to eat and then I'll have a streak of not wanting to cook or "clean out the refrigerator" for a meal.  I've talked about some of my favorite restaurants, especially Fish in a Bottle where I go more than any other place, and I am always on the look out for additions to my list. 
I've gone to Haven Gastro Pub  http://havengastropub.com/index.html  several times in the past few months. 

The first time I went I ordered the lamb burger - it was fantastic.  And every time I go back I can't resist having it again.  I'm told I must try the brussell sprouts which are devoured even by people who don't usually care for them. 

Juicy, thick lamb patty sauced with yogurt sauce, cucumber and sprouts - it is too thick for me to get in my mouth, so I eat it with a fork and knife.

Along side they serve their fresh peeled and cut fries sprinkled with pepper, salt, and herbs with a dish of house made tomato dipping sauce that I could just eat with a spoon!  Other than the color it has little relationship to catsup.   I rarely eat fries because the pre-cut fries served at most restaurants (and ALL fast food places except In & Out Burger) are coated with sulfite preservative, which gives me physical problems.   Since those a the Haven and In&Out are the only fries I eat I am not a good judge of how they stack up to those served elsewhere, but, oh my, they are tasty.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

June said...

Um, can I meet you for lunch tomorrow? Seriously, your photos make me hungry and your description, hungrier. Thanks, I'll just teleport myself down south:-)