Monday, August 15, 2011

On the Road, Again 08-14-11

It seems that these days I can only handle one "event" in a day!  So, I could get ready to travel or I could Blog.  Since I was already committed to the traveling, the Blog didn't happen.   I spent last night with Mary and Joe in San Juan Bautista.  Although I arrived late - after 8:30pm - she had saved some dinner for me: fresh salmon, rice and broccoli.  Wonderful salmon, we just warmed it slightly in the microwave and it was still fresh tasting and tender. 
The sun went down when I was driving over Pacheco Pass - at the top this was the view to the west.

At the bottom of the hill this was the view to the east.

Finally, when I arrived about twenty minutes later at the bottom of the hill up to Mary and Joe's the moon had just cleared the nearby mountains.  Lovely night. 
Tonight I am about six hours north and west of Redding at a fishing lodge with Corky and his parents.  More about that tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dolores said...

Have a fun and safe trip!!! XX

Gerrie said...

Are you coming all the way to Portland? I am gone for a week so will miss you. Have fun in the wilderness.