Friday, August 26, 2011

Heaven! 08-25-11

I received a fabulous gift from my friends here in Washington state - ladies I met at Empty Spools Seminars at Asilomar (Pacific Grove, CA)  They took me to spend about 24 hours in a lovely private home on Lummi Island - I felt I had (as the saying goes) "died and gone to heaven".   Everything seemed to be something I have read about - great company, a comfortable home, unbelievable views, delicious food, visual and mental stimulation and Friendship.  I will cherish this visit always.
It looks like many a charming, welcoming house, doesn't it?  But beyond the door....
...and out onto the back deck - WOW!  Can you see Mt Baker standing among the clouds? The green trees across the water are on the mainland, so you see it is just a short ferry ride to this paradise. 

As the sun went down the mountain put on a rosy glow.

About six in the morning most of the view was black/white/grey/silver.  The Madonna lilies towered in their pots on the deck, adding some delicate color to the scene.
Looking due west the glow of the rising sun reflected on the low clouds.  A Purple Martin box draws a delicate line on the shifting water.

 Our visit is over waaay to soon and we were heading back to reality, across to the mainland ferry landing on the twenty car ferry.

I hope to post more about this short trip later, but tonight I must get to bed and be prepared to be out early to drive south to Tacoma for the Association of Pacific West Quilters QShow.  My sprained ankle is still bothering me - perhaps from not staying off it? - so I have reserved a cart to see the approximately 300 quilts.  I may go back on Saturday, but I'll have to see how well I survive the first day of the Show.

Posted by Picasa




2 comments:

Ruth Powers said...

Heaven, indeed! I would never want to leave.

Have fun today at the quilt show, I look forward to your pictures that I know you will share!

Patty ♣ said...

This place does look like Heaven on earth to me! How happy am I that you were able to spend time there with friends!!! Thinking of you enjoying this day at the show! Am loving the trip and missed the day you were away from posting.