Friday, September 30, 2011

A Very Busy Day 09-30-11

Pool Therapy this morning - invigorating and exhausting!  The therapist "up'd the ante" and gave me some much harder exercises - I was not very successful with one of them, but next week I will ace it.  Promise!
Then I drove to San Diego to see the exhibits at the Visions Art Museum http://www.quiltvisions.org/
 - very impressive.  Marilyn Henrion has moved her art in a new direction and I like it very much.  If you have a chance go to see the exhibit "Soft City" showing about fifteen of Marilyn's hand quilted works - through October 23.  In the smaller gallery you'll find "Urban Landscapes" showing quilts selected by Marilyn from the work of eight international artists - a wide variety of techniques and impressions of urban life.  http://www.marilynhenrion.com/
 
I also went to San Diego to discuss some business with Beth Smith, Executive Director of Visions Art Museum and see other Visions friends.  Beth was in pink and I was black and blue - a vision of contrast.

Coincidentally the San Diego Watercolor Society is celebrating 31 years of excellence with an International Exhibit and this evening was the opening reception.  I tagged along with Beth and Andrea Bacal, who were representing Visions which is located in the same building as the watercolor exhibit.  There were some great paintings and I found a few to covet, but I feel that collecting art quilts is all I can handle, so no paintings. The flower arrangements on tables and shelves were elegant, but simple, showing flowers grown in San Diego.  Bougainvillea, Plumeria, and Hibiscus on a base of shiny dark green leaves.  

The SDWSociety had an excellent caterer.  Ladies were mingling with the guests offering these tasty bites - I had THREE!  On each spoon was a dab of sour cream, a curl of salmon, a thread of lemon peel and a fat caper.  A delicious combination, I'm sure I could have cleaned up these spoons quickly and happily.

Chocolate covered strawberries were offered on handmade glass plates with a crown of Plumeria.  I didn't try them, strawberries are not on my list of  "allowed" foods, but they did look tempting.

By the time I drove home I had been gone for about thirteen hours and I am very tired.  My eyes feel swollen - from seeing so much, no doubt!  So, I'm off to bed. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patty ♣ said...

Oh My Goodness Del! What a delicious day! I''l take you strawberries and you can have my salmon...I loved seeing the pictures of your looong fun day!