Saturday, October 15, 2011

PIQF 2011 10-15-11

Today I was at PIQF from 10am to almost 5pm and I am completely exhausted.  How lovely to come back to Mary's where she had dinner ready to put on the table and even fetched the frozen peas from the freezer to put on my poor abused ankle.  What a friend!
I'm not sure I saw all the quilts, but I did my best.  I visited a few vendors that I know, but, as usual, I didn't do much shopping.  However, the vendor area seemed packed whenever I went close and an abundance of bags was being carried out the door.
 The list of all the prize winners is at: http://www.quiltfest.com/activities_detail.asp?id=56
 
I love this quilt - like Judy's other doggy quilts it is very unassuming, but full of details that pull in the viewers and keep them looking at each little vignette.   I guess "bekow" should read "below".


Cats and dogs and rats and....
...birds and hamsters and turtles...  beloved pets whose human beings mourn for all the rest of their lives.

They all rest within sight of the great Golden Gate Bridge.   Thanks, Judy, you make great quilts.

 
I don't find a website for Kathy, but if you Google her name you will find many references.
Blue and yellow, yet again. 
Such nice hand stitching and that one red square to make an enriching contrast.
Also, no website for Ruth Bloomfield, but Google her name for many references.
The "vignettes" do look like photos when viewed from a few yards away.

It is amazing to look up close and see the tiny pieces (less than a baby fingernail) that were used.

 
This is the other quilt that Nancy had on display.   Her "take" on the animals is so true and her hand applique is simply the very best.


 
The bright reflections in the eyes are placed to give a soulful look. 
I'm beyond the point of seeing accurately.  Gotta get to sleep.  More tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa










3 comments:

NancyB said...

Hi Del---So nice to see you at PIQF! Thanks for all of your kind words about my quilts.

Meggie said...

Thankyou for sharing these wonderful quilts!

Vivika said...

Thank you a million times over for posting my friend Kathy's quilt. You are the best! I would have to wait for a long time before finally seeing a photo... v