Saturday, December 10, 2011

Footless Friday 12-09-11

I didn't take any feet photos this week and don't have any leftovers from past weeks. So...

 
This is a Cecile Brunner climbing rose, a very old variety, that my friend Liz has growing on her back fence. Some Cecile Brunners only bloom in the Spring, but Liz has at least a few blooms most of the year, including right now. They are so fragrant, I could smell them when she opened the car door to get out. So, of course, I had to take a picture. Too bad I can't attach the fragrance!

 
It is such a diminutive darling, isn't it? I put in my crookedy old hand to show just how tiny the flower is.

Posted by Picasa


2 comments:

Sara Kelly said...

I think the hand is just as beautiful as the rose.

Del said...

That is sweet of you, Sara. Between the arthritis and the old age wrinkles I sometimes look at my hand and wonder who on Earth it can belong to!