Monday, December 5, 2011

On the Road to San Diego 11-04-11

I drove down here to San Diego in the late afternoon to meet friends for dinner, spend the night and take a mono printing class from Jane LaFazio tomorrow.  I managed to come off with several things I needed to bring, but guess I'll muddle through.


About 5pm I was on I-5 near Las Pulgas (yes, "The Fleas") Road, I imagine the bump of trees up on the right are those at the Rest Stop to the south.  As you can see the sky is soft pastels and the land is unoccupied - it is part of Pendleton Marine Base.
But off to the right the sun is falling into the Pacific Ocean and making quite a "splash".

 
I managed these two fairly decent shots out of about fourteen snapped through the passenger side window while I was driving along.  I didn't look, I just pointed the camera and snap-snap-snap while I watched the road ahead.  I have edited them so the horizon is straight and sharpened them slightly.  The color is unchanged.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

WOWWWWWWWWW! You do fabulous without looking! Mine are never this good!! I hope that you have a wonderful time in your class today!

Sue said...

Happy to know you're watching the road while driving!