Monday, March 19, 2012

Visions Art Museum - San Diego 03-18-12

The weather didn't look promising for a drive to San Diego today, but my friends Teresa and Carol and I had a hard time finding a day we were all available for a visit to the exhibits at VAM.  However, the day turned out to be mostly sunny and when it did rain we were inside.  We each had an umbrella and perhaps that was enough to ward off the rain!  Driving home it was very windy, but the traffic was light and we made the trip in less than two hours - record time.  The blue Pacific was anything but pacific and a picture would have been nice, but I needed to keep both hands on the wheel due to the wind.  Next time - when I don't have precious passengers with me.

Teresa Malinowski, Del Thomas, Carol Bednar. 
Karen Cunagin was "sitting" the gallery and was willing to take this picture for us.

We had lunch at the Tin Roof, just a block from the Museum - Crab Benedict and 
Grilled Shrimp Sandwiches with delicious cold German Cole Slaw (that is the one made with vinegar/sugar dressing - no mayo).  We had a lovely day together.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Carol said...

It was a lovely day, Del! Thanks for making it happend, and thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge with us. XXOO

Unknown said...

Darn, Del! I always think that your museum visits would be so much fun...and then you talk about what you guys had for lunch and my keyboard starts getting drool on it!

Denise said...

First Del, thanks so much for your long email...I feel so honored that you would take time to reply to my post! And just a quick comment about your picture taking plans...whether or not you have guests in the car...for heaven's sake keep your hands on the wheel! You too are precious! :-)