Saturday, March 24, 2012

Flowers and bargain buys 03-24-12

Today was a resting day.  One I really needed, I was too tired yesterday and don't even remember everything we did!  I actually slept for nine hours, with only two short potty trips - it was wonderful.  One thing is the quiet here.  My house is in a quiet suburb, but nothing like here in the oak tree wooded hills.  This is deep silence.   Rain has been promised all day so this morning I photographed the lovely flowers Mary always has in her deck boxes when I am here in Feb/Mar.  About nine tonight it started to sprinkle.  Hope it isn't raining tomorrow when we are trying to unpack our cars at Asilomar.  Been there, done that, no fun.

 
These ranunculus with darker edges on the petals look like they have a little lamp inside to make them glow.  More flower pictures later in the week.
 
Yesterday we stopped by St. Vincent de Paul where I found these treasures.  In the back is a flat moire pillow that I hope will work on my chair at Empty Spools, the one I brought from home will be too thick, I think.  The silly bunny is, of course, an Easter decoration that will appear on some one's work table on Easter morning.  I've seen bobble head dolls, but this bunny seems to be a bobble butt bunny as she has a spring inside to make her wiggle.  Silly, but cute!  And the clock - it is a windup clock!  No battery or electricity required - what a great invention!  I could take it with me to a deserted island - it is keeping good time.  It looks like it is new, never used.  How can that be?
 
See - there is the windup key on the left and instructions molded in the plastic so I can never lose them.  A great addition to the necessary stuff I take with me when I travel. 

I wish you could all be checking in with me at Asilomar tomorrow.  I don't know who reads my Blog that might be there - except for dear Dolores who I have "known" for years, but only became acquainted with last year in Ruth McDowell's class.   So, if you are at either session one or two, do look for me.  Short, fat, wearing a hat!  Please say hello.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice that you slept so well, Del...Maybe the clock was given up because reading analog clocks is too hard???

Have fun! I know you will.

Loretta said...

I'll see you later today at check-in. I always recognize you because of your wonderful smile!

Patty ♣ said...

hope it wasn't rainy when you were unpacking!! You found 2 fun things and a pillow that will come in handy!! I like going to those thrift places! It has started really raining here now. It started off lightly about 2 hours ago. I am enjoying riding along ...♥

linda colsh said...

enjoy! Say hi to Joan Hughes, Jeanne Mills, Gail Abeloe and everyone else at Back Porch from me--I know Jean Dunn no longer works there tho and I'm sure is missed.

Gerrie said...

I wish I was there. I always loved going there and it is where I first met you.

Anonymous said...

Wish I were there too. Met you in Sharyn Craig's Independant Study class there years ago. Our daughters are taking us on a Caribbean Cruise next week to celebrate our 50th--10 of us in all--so no Asilomar this year. Hope you'll have sunny skies, great fellowship, and lots of fun for both weeks. Lucky you! Send reports. Sally

abelian said...

Oh, Del! I wish I could be there with you! Have fun.

Dottie